Going abroad for work, family or pleasure? The key to good health is preparation, and our Travel Clinic staff can advise you on the best way to get ready for your trip. Our services are based on the most current materials published on international travel from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, World Health Organization and the US Department of State.
WHAT IS THE TRAVEL CLINIC FOR?
- Corporate travel
- Mission trips
- Study abroad
- Vacation travel
- Routine vaccines
- Back to school
WHEN SHOULD YOU VISIT?
Ideally, you should schedule an appointment at least 4 weeks before you leave on your trip. That's because time is required after any vaccinations to develop adequate anti-body response before you reach a country with possible contamination.
But even if you don't have 4 weeks, we can help you increase your chances of having a healthy trip.
What we can provide
- Travel itinerary and health history review;
- Personalized recommendations for precautions and vaccines;
- International Certificate of Vaccination.
- Individual report on health-related issues, environmental hazards, assessment of terrorism threat and embassy and consulate information.
Need more information? Contact us here.
Visit our Google+ page.
12221 MoPac Expressway North
Inside North Austin Medical Center
Austin, Texas 78758
Numbers You Need
- Floor: 3
- Wing: North
- Main Phone: 512-901-4486
Monday through Thursday
7:30am - 11:30am, 12:30pm - 4pm
7:30am - 12pm
Prepare for your visit
- Common questions for our Travel Clinic
- Travel Clinic forms
- Travel Clinic insurance information
- Want to know more about the Travel Clinic?
- Your first Travel Clinic appointment
- Disease hazards you need to know about
- How to get medical care abroad
- What to eat and drink on your trip
- Global Travel Clinic Locator
- International SOS travel evacuation
- Outbreak Alerts
- Travel Destination Information
- Travelers' Health – CDC
- US State Department
- Vaccine Information Statements
- World Health Organization
Related Health News
- Protect yourself from mosquitoes (and disease!) at home and abroad
- How to stay healthy on your summer cruise
- How to protect your health on your summer vacation
- When to get vaccinations for your summer trip
- Twitter Chat: Stay healthy over spring break