Menopause and Osteoporosis
Menopause and Osteoporosis Center Austin, TX
Michele McDermott, MD, CCD, NCMP is an Endocrinologist specializing in the care of women during mid-life. She is the founder and director of the Menopause & Osteoporosis Center for The Austin Diagnostic Clinic and is a nationally renowned expert and speaker about menopause and osteoporosis.
Patricia Gunter, MD, NCMP is a board certified Obstetrics and Gynecology specialist with 27 years experience. Dr. Gunter has written several articles for ADC’s Menopause and Osteoporosis Center. She is a NAMS certified menopause specialist and is accepting new patients.
About Our Practice
It’s our belief that menopause is a time to become informed about your health risks and choices in order to stay healthy and vigorous in the years to come.
As the only Menopause and Osteoporosis Clinic in Central Texas, we provide you with information about current clinical studies and treatment options. Whether you use hormone replacement therapy or alternatives depends on your preferences.
Diagnosis and Treatments
- Menopause related concerns including peri-menopause, menopause, hot flashes, night sweats, irregular periods or absence of periods
- Hormone replacement therapy including FDA approved, but not compounded, Bio-identical hormone therapy
- Breast and pelvic exams as part of monitoring hormone therapy treatment
- Osteoporosis and osteopenia management
- Sexual dysfunction, low libido
- Post-menopausal vaginal issues
Resources for patients:
Download a map to our office inside St. David’s North Austin Medical Center.
Menopause & Osteoporosis Center Map (PDF)
Visit our Google+ page.
- Floor: 1st
- Wing: South
- Office Phone: 512-901-4022
- FAX: 512-901-3922
Monday through Friday
8am - 12:00pm and 1:00pm - 5pm
Prepare for your visit
- Bio-identical hormones – Video
- Bioidentical hormone options – Video
- Birth Control during perimenopause
- Calcium tips
- Deciding about hormone therapy use
- For good bone health
- Meet Dr. Michele McDermott, Menopause and Osteoporosis Specialist
- Menopause Myths and Facts – Video
- Menopause resources
- Osteoporosis resources
- Perimenopause Q & A
- Sexual desire
- Take Pause: Newly Approved Pink Pill for Libido….Is It Truly a Female Viagra?
- Take Pause: What is a Menopause Specialist?
- Take Pause: Where has my libido gone?
- The confusion about breast density
- Treating hot flashes
- Treatment options for vaginal dryness
- Understanding osteoporosis tests