No Patient Satisfaction Reviews
There is no publicly available rating for this medical professional for one of two reasons: 1) he or she does not see patients during regular business hours or 2) he or she sees patients but has not yet received the minimum number of Patient Satisfaction Reviews. To be eligible for display, we require a mimumum of 30 surveys. This ensures that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
Hearing Loss Diagnosis and Treatment for newborns, children, teens, and adults
Hearing loss affects people of all ages and can make a big impact on how people communicate and function in their everyday lives. Young children with hearing loss may have developmental complications; adolescents and young adults may suffer from sound induced hearing loss or injury; and adults and seniors may find their quality of life altered because of hearing loss.
The Austin Diagnostic Clinic Audiology specialists provide a full range of diagnostic and rehabilitative services for patients of all ages including:
- Hearing testing
- Immittance testing (evaluating middle ear disorders)
- Auditory Brainstem Response (evaluating the hearing nerve)
- Otoacoustic Emissions (evaluates inner ear function)
- Hearing Rehabilitation (communication strategies)
- Dispenses Devices
- Digital Devices
- Digital Accessories
- Open Fit Technology
- Repairs of Hearing Instruments
- Custom ear plugs for swimmers and musicians
What should you do if you suspect you have a hearing loss? Consult your doctor or one of our trained Austin audiologists. ADC audiologists have specialized training in identifying and measuring the type and degree of hearing loss. They will also recommend treatment options. Our audiologists work closely with our Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) specialists or Otolaryngologists, should you need a referral for possible surgical treatment.
How do I know if I have a hearing loss?
Ask yourself these questions. If you answer yes to three or more, you may have a problem and may consider having an audiology screening.
- Do I have a problem hearing on the telephone or cell phone?
- Do I have trouble hearing when there is background noise?
- Is it hard for me to follow a conversation when two or more people talk at the same time?
- Do I have to strain to understand a conversation?
- Do many people I talk to seem to mumble (or not speak clearly)?
- Do I misunderstand what others are saying and respond inappropriately?
- Do I often ask people to repeat themselves?
- Do people complain that I turn the TV volume up too high?
What to expect at your first visit?
New patients receive an audiological evaluation to determine the status of their hearing and middle ear system.
If there is diminished hearing, another test will determine what part of the system mechanism is responsible. Unless other arrangements have been made, payment for services is requested at time of visit.
Many audiology services are covered by insurance. There is no paperwork to fill out prior to your visit.
- Floor: 2nd
- Wing: North
- Office Phone: 512-901-4808
- FAX: 512-901-3904
Monday through Thursday
8am - 5pm
8am - 4pm