Allergy and Immunology
Austin Allergy & Asthma Clinic
Take control of your allergies and asthma. Ask us about allergy drop therapy.
Environmental causes such as animal hair and dander, food, environmental chemicals, or pollen may cause allergies. Our Austin allergy specialists are trained in treating and helping to alleviate the pain and discomfort your allergies may bring.
Our allergy specialists know allergies can be a hassle. Symptoms vary for each individual but some common signs of allergic reactions include:
- Itchy ears, eyes, throat or skin
- Runny nose and congestion
Allergies are a common cause of asthma symptoms and you may experience an attack when exposed to a substance that triggers an allergic reaction. The Austin Diagnostic Clinic asthma doctors can assist you in discovering what triggers your asthma attacks. Asthma attacks may be triggered by:
- Cold or dry air
- Air pollution
- Some medications
- Stressful situations that heighten emotions
- Preservatives, sulfites and other chemicals found in processed foods
- Environmental or occupational chemicals or pollutants
- The onset of the menstrual cycle
- Family history
- Being overweight
Patients with asthma may experience breathing difficulties that often cause chest tightness, coughing, wheezing, or whistling noises when inhaling or exhaling. Our Austin asthma specialists are committed to helping you treat and manage your asthma. We’ll help you determine whether you simply need over the counter remedies or prescription inhalers and anti-inflammatory medications.
If you or someone you know struggles with asthma or allergies, visit our doctors to see how we can help you feel and breathe better. At our Austin Allergy and Asthma Clinics, we offer a variety of tests to help diagnose and treat asthma and allergies:
- Allergy Skin Testing: For allergies to inhalant (airborne) materials, foods, insect venoms and medications
- Patch Testing: For contact allergic reactions
- Ingestion Challenge Test (Food Allergy Testing): For allergies to foods or medications
- Spirometry: Testing for lung function
- Exercise Challenge Testing: For exercise-induced breathing problems
Our doctors can discuss these tests with you and determine the best and most effective treatment plan for your needs.
Don’t forget to visit our Google+ page.
Location & Hours
- Floor: 1
- Wing: North
- Main Phone: 512-901-4002
- FAX: 512-901-3902
Monday - Friday
8:30am - 5pm
- Main line: 512-334-2500
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday: 8:30am - 4:30pm
- Main line: 512-681-5900