No Patient Satisfaction Reviews
There is no publicly available rating for this medical professional for one of two reasons: 1) he or she does not see patients during regular business hours or 2) he or she sees patients but has not yet received the minimum number of Patient Satisfaction Reviews. To be eligible for display, we require a mimumum of 30 surveys. This ensures that the rating is statistically reliable and a true reflection of patient satisfaction.
Detect osteoporosis before a fracture even happens
Bone densitometry, or a bone density test, is a non-invasive and accurate way of detecting osteoporosis, a chronic condition caused by a depletion of bone calcium. It results in weakened bones that break easily.
ADC’s bone densitometry department is the only facility in Texas to earn the advanced International Society for Clinical Densitometry (ISCD) certification, and it is one of only 38 accredited facilities in the United States.
Bone Densitometry features:
- Low radiation dose
- Takes only 15 to 30 minutes
Where do I check in for Bone Densitometry?
The check-in is located on the 3rd floor south entrance of ADC Imaging North.
Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance) covers this test, which helps to see if you’re at risk to broken bones, once every 24 months (more often if medically necessary) for people who meet the criteria below. Medicare only covers this test when it’s ordered by a doctor or other qualified provider.
Who is eligible for coverage?
All qualified people with Part B who are at risk for osteoporosis and meet one or more of these conditions:
- A woman whose doctor determines she’s estrogen deficient and at risk for osteoporosis, based on her medical history and other findings
- A person whose X-rays show possible osteoporosis, osteopenia, or vertebral fractures
- A person taking prednisone or steroid-type drugs or is planning to begin this treatment
- A person who has been diagnosed with primary hyperparathyroidism
- A person who is being monitored to see if their osteoporosis drug therapy is working
Hours vary by location, please call to verify hours of operation before visiting our clinic.
- Floor: 3rd floor
- Wing: South
- Office Phone: 512-901-4030