Keep your healthy eating habits in place even on vacation!
The ADC Weight Management team offers some tips to stick with your healthy eating plan!
- Eat 5 fruits and vegetables per day, no matter what
- Eat foods that are high volume, low calorie (see chart below) (download PDF)
- Start your day with exercise (check out your hotel’s gym, walk on the beach, hike, swim – it all counts)
- Keep tempting foods out of sight like candy, chips, ice cream, and cheese
- Social Gatherings: don’t linger around the food – stay busy!
- Call your host to let him/her know you’re on a diet or ask your server for healthy eating options when going out.
- Have a double protein shake or a vegetable/fruit snack before you go
Just remember: it’s easier to problem-solve beforehand than it is to backtrack later on.
ADC’s Health Risk and Weight Management clinic has been helping thousands of Central Texans lose weight since 1986. Sign up for a free orientation below or call us today at 512-901-4540.