Michele McDermott, M.D., C.C.D., N.C.M.P.
Dr. Michele McDermott specializes in menopause and osteoporosis and provides comprehensive women’s health services including breast cancer screenings.
- Eastern Virginia Medical School
Internship & Residency
- The University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, TX
- Endocrinology and Metabolism, The University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, TX
- American Board of Internal Medicine, subspecialty Endocrinology
- Certified Menopause Practitioner, North American Menopause Society
- Certified Clinical Densitometrist, International Society for Clinical Densitometry
- Texas Medical License
- Section Chief, Menopause and Osteoporosis Center
- Founder and director of the Menopause & Osteoporosis Center in Austin, Texas.
- Principal investigator in dozens of clinical trials of drugs for osteoporosis, hormone therapy regimens, and treatments for female sexual dysfunction.
- Lectures regularly on osteoporosis, menopause management, hormone therapy and other topics related to mid life women’s health.
- “Speaking For Women’s Health” selected Dr. McDermott a “Women of the Year” in recognition of her dedication to empowering women with health education.
- She received the “Vision to Action Award”, has been recognized as a “Texas Monthly Super Doctor” from 2004-2010 and the Patients’ Choice Award in 2009.
- North American Menopause Society
- International Society of Clinical Densitometry
- Travis County Medical Society
- 1st Floor
ADC provider since 1990
- Texas Monthly Super Doctor®: 2004-2014
- Super Doctor® Texas Hall of Fame 2014
- Patients' Choice Award: 2009
- ADC Distinguished Service Award ("Physician of the Year") for 2011