ADC’s Laboratory has eliminated the time draws between the fasting and two-hour states (1/2 hour, 1 hour and 1½ hour) during a two-hour oral glucose tolerance test.
This means two-hour oral glucose tolerance test will no longer collect five specimens — it will collect specimens at fasting and two hours post-dose.
According to the American Diabetes Association and the World Health Organization, the results of the test can be used to help evaluate a patient for diabetes.
Prepare for your visit
- Advance Beneficiary Notice of Noncoverage
- Lab tests and screenings for prenatal patients
- Two-hour oral glucose tolerance test (OGTT)
- What does fasting mean?
- What to expect during your lab visit
- What you need to know before your lab visit