Our 5-2-1-0 Kid’s Get Healthy program is an initiative that emphasizes healthy nutritional choices and behaviors. The program seeks to help kids live a healthy lifestyle by asking them to do four simple things:
- Eat 5 fruits or vegetables per day,
- Limit screen time (TVs, computers) to 2 hours or less per day,
- Get 1 hour or more of physical activity per day, and
- Drink 0 sugar-sweetened beverages per day.
The program was developed by the National Initiative for Children’s Healthcare Quality in 2003. It is recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics and has been adopted by wellness programs across the country.
“Our goal in promoting the 5-2-1-0 Kid’s Get Healthy program is to make a positive impact on the health of children and families in our community,” said Dr. Beth Nauert, a pediatrician at Circle C. “Childhood obesity is an extremely serious issue, and by raising awareness of healthy behaviors as early as possible, we’re hoping to make an impact that will last a lifetime.”
Check out these materials to get your child on the road to good health for a lifetime.
- Healthy Tips 2-4 years
- Hoja de consejos de salud (2-4)
- Healthy Tips 5-9 years
- Hoja de consejos de salud (5-9)
- Weekly Journal (under 9)
- Cuaderno de Registro Semanal (2-9)
- Healthy Tips 10-12 years
- Hoja de consejos de salud (10-12)
- Weekly Journal
- Cuaderno de Registro Semanal
Teens 13 and older
Prepare for your visit
- 5-2-1-0 Kid’s Get Healthy program
- Immunization schedule: Birth through 18 years
- Immunizations: Catch-up schedule
- Importance of Immunizations
- What is ImmTrac?